Nov 5, 2006

He delights to hear the prayers of the redeemed

Thank you again for all of your prayers. I just got back from the hospital, and while there aren't a ton of new things to update you on, Ian continues to seem more and more "awake" each time I see him. Tonight he "woke up" (he responded to stimuli well) for his mom and I for quite awhile. When we got there his heart rate was around 101 and at one point it was up to 119, which is a sign that he hears and feels us. It really seemed like he was trying to communicate with us tonight. He was squeezing our hands when we said certain things to him and he deliberately blinked his eyes in response to things we said. I know that he is in there and I know that he can hear us! I know that he is working so hard to come back to us.

We still aren't sure when he will be moved to a rehab center. Tonight (Sunday) he is having a CT scan to make sure everything from Friday's surgery is working well. I'm assuming that those results will determine when he moves.

Tonight I am reminded of my tendency to stop praying as fervently when things seem to be improving with Ian. But I need to remember that we are just as much at God's mercy now as we were five weeks ago after the accident. I want to continue to cry out to God. Ian is not awake. We still don't know what the extent of his brain injuries are. I believe that God can and will restore Ian, but I need to continue to ask Him for those things. Please be encouraged to continue to pray for Ian's complete restoration. We serve a God who is able to, with just one word, completey restore and wake Ian up. Continue to ask for the amazing!

My friend Laura sent me this quote and I wanted to share it to encourage you:
"Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things, above all that we ask or think. Each time, before you intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!" -Andrew Murray

Thank you!

-Larissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larissa -

That is a great quote from Murray. Thanks for sharing it. I continue to pray for Ian, the Murphy's, and you.

Tim Kurtz

Anonymous said...

Larissa,
[Just looked down at this after writing, long, but from my heart of gratitude to you and the God who has brought you to this place]

I wanted to let you know what a joy it has been to get to know you a bit; both through your mature wisdom pecked out into cyberspace, and the brief moments of conversation I have been bleesed to enjoy. Your words, when written and published, mirror the deapths of your passion for Jesus. A passion that you may in times of weakness doubt you still possess. Good news! You do, still possess it, always will. Remember every good thing we have is from the father above. A generous Father who will not remove a gift he has given. You are fragrant, blossoming garden, that he has to diligently seeded, watered, weeded; tenderly cared for; a garden gift, a wealth of wisdom, peace, serenity, and security that can never be uprooted, despite any seeds of doubt, fear, anger, or negect we may attempt to sow. You are safe in His arms, dwelling in the garden of eternal life. Continue to walk upright, confindent in the One who has proved Himself.

I can only stand amazed at the sweet mercies he has granted the rest of us. The blessing placing one so young yet so strong, an encourager, a teacher, a messenger of the Holy Spirit, a young woman, and a friend to anyone who pauses even for a minute to share a word, (or the odor of horse). We are not who we think we are, we are what we do in Jesus name, by His Power, for His Glory, His, and His Kingdom.
Well done, young woman a true Mary in the kingdom of God.

side note: the Mary, sister of Martha and Lazarath, bears a keen resemblance to your dear mentor, LOLC mother, and friend Mary M. Cool huh how God perpetutates His own.

a blogger who has forgotten her passowrd. sek