Oct 6, 2006

Dear Friends:

Yet another day of answered prayers!

This morning the doctors informed us that they were
not going to operate on Ian's spine until Monday.
Though there is some pressure on the spinal cord,
there is not an imminent danger and thus surgery was
postponed. It's not as serious as first thought. And
that is very good news.

Also, they did surgery on Ian's knee, cleaning it and
stabilizing the bones in preparation for a much more
involved surgery. The surgery today went very
well...no complications. Praise God!

I just want to thank you all so much for all of your
prayers and encouragement! I can't believe what an
honor and joy it is to be part of the Body of Christ!
I wish I could thank you all in person. And please,
if I see you in the future and don't thank you, tell
me you were praying! I mean it, I want to thank you
in person.

On Monday, if his neural condition continues to
improve, they will operate on his spine. He is still
not out of the woods yet in that regard. It's a very
serious and very involved operation. Please pray that
his neural condition continues to improve and that God
would protect him in surgery. Also, pray for a
miracle! Pray that Ian wouldn't need to have the
operation on Monday.

Also, pray for his leg. There are twenty fractures
and infection is a very real danger. They're going to
have to "put Humpty Dumpty back together again" (in
the words of the doctor).

-David

No comments: