Jun 29, 2011

My very dear child, What shall I say! A holy and good God has covered us with a dark cloud. O that we may kiss the rod, and lay our hands upon our mouths! The Lord has done it. He has made me adore his goodness, that we had [your father] so long. But my God lives; and he has my heart. O what a legacy my husband, and your father, has left us! We are all given to God; and there I am, and love to be. Your affectionate mother, Sarah Edwards. (Marriage to a Difficult Man, by Elizabeth Dodds, p. 196)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still reading, still listening, still praying. It always feels like I'm checking in on a friend. You and Ian are precious, but I know it hurts, I know it's dark a lot of the time, I know it seems endless, and I know the typical platitudes are not what you need to hear. I know. I love you, sister.
Leisa -Round Rock, TX

Leslie Dawn said...

Psalm 32:7
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.