Oct 31, 2007

God is our Refuge


The man declares, I am weary, O God;
I am weary, O God, and worn out.

Surely I am too stupid to be a man.
I have not the understanding of a man.

I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.

Who has ascended to heaven and come down?
Who has gathered the wind in his fists?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is his son’s name?
Surely you know!

Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.


Proverbs 30:1-5

We should take refuge in Him because of this! When we are weary we can trust in the God who has ascended into heaven and come down, who has gathered the wind in His fists, who has wrapped up the waters in a garment, who has established all the end of the earth. This is an amazing God, surely He can be our refuge!

1 comment:

pparris9 said...

Steve,

I have not been praying for Ian enough, but I am thankful it is not my prayer that determines his success. Ellen has been keeping Lynn and I informed. It seems like it was yesterday when you and Mary were married. We never got to know Ian. We left Indiana around his toddler years.

This blog is more than a form of communication. It is a ministry to weary hearts seeking comfort from the comforter. I actually only got on this blog tonight because I needed to talk to you about a friend who is going through some trouble that I thought you might be able to help with. I just wanted you to know that there are people back her in Sovereign Grace Philadelphia that are still thinking of and praying for Ian, you and Mary. To this day I still try to make sense of Don Skillin's motor cycle accident when we lived in Indiana. When I read your blog it gives new meaning to un-resolved conflicts in my life and the faith that develops through our Lords interaction. I guess sometimes the process is more important than the goal in life's journey. Thank you for reaching out to others, resisting bitterness, and stepping out in sacrificial faith that comforts others. You are being an ambassador for Christ and the comforting work of the Holy Spirit.

Drop me a line when you are not too busy.

Pat Parris