Yesterday I was sitting by Ian and got so excited because he just seemed so ready to wake up and talk. He is showing us more and more frequently that he is with us and that he is working so hard to come back to us. I have a lot of updates that I want to give, but it's late and my thoughts aren't very clear, so here comes just a bulleted list.
- Ian seems to me to be remembering more. Yesterday I held up a picture of us from vacation last year and asked him if he remembered it. He said he did. He responded like that to another question that I had for him recently about a memory. Before he didn't really respond consistently when I asked him about his memory.
- He made a sound today that was the farthest from groaning that I've heard. It was almost like a "cha" sound, but it wasn't super clear. It was just great to hear something besides a groan. Maybe his speech is on it's way back......
- Heather is teaching him how to roll over in bed. I heard reports that today he was basically able to do it. and even repeated it for someone.
- Mom, he ate several spoonfuls of your applesauce the other day:)
- Amanda said that yesterday was the hardest that Ian has ever worked for her. Praise God!
- Ian was so so tired tonight that he couldn't even hold his head up. Praise God again! It is good to him to be that tired because it means he is working very, very hard.
Please pray that Ian makes significant progress. He needs God to deliver him. He is in there but he can't get himself out. Please pray that he will not be discouraged, frustrated or bored.
Thank you all for serving us through your prayers....