Jul 25, 2007

Barabbas


Tonight, I was relating the story of Barabbas to Ian. Barabbas was a notorious murderer who was in jail for his crimes. When the people brought Jesus to the governor to be killed, he offered a choice to the people: he would either release Jesus or Barabbas. The people shouted for the governor, whose name was Pilate, to release Barabbas.

"What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?" Pilate asked.

They all answered, "Crucify him!"
"Why? What crime has he committed?" asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, "Crucify him!"


Then I reminded him that in the story, Barabbas represents us. We who are guilty go free while Jesus gets the punishment. Ian gave me a long, deliberate "yes" blink. It's as if he was agreeing with me that the love of Jesus is amazing.



Today, Ian did really well in responding to the therapists' requests. Thank you for the love you've shown Ian.



-Ben

No comments: