Apr 5, 2007

What does he see?

I wondered that yesterday when I saw Ian. His eyes were open, and he was looking at me (that's a change from the last few days when he would only keep his eyes closed, and we weren't sure if he was asleep). Is everthing he sees just a confusing mess? Where is he? Does he hear me? Wherever he is, it's a comfort knowing that even there the Lord is with Ian.
"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,' even the darkeness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you" (Psalm 139:7-12).
Ian has been keeping his eyes open more than he had been, but at times he still seems to be in pain from them.
Thank you for praying.
Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me that God always sees us and is intimately acquainted with our every way. How could we go on without that knowledge. I wouldn't want to. I pray that He would remind all of you and all of us that He is WITH US. Right now, right here---Jesus, Himself, is with us. There is no higher experience than to know it, and to feel the incredible weight of His presence. That knowledge keeps my soul pressed into place, and makes it harder to be moved. I pray that you all would experience that joy in greater and greater measure.