Jan 18, 2007

How will he not also with him graciously give us all things?

I visited Ian today, and when I got there he was wide awake. I learned, though, that he had the help today of a caffeine-like drug; they started him on it today. He did fall asleep after awhile, but it was good to see him so awake.

His mouth looks pretty irritated. His lips have scabs on them, and his tongue has something similar. I know this prevents some of his therapy, and it has to be very painful. Please pray that the Lord would heal his mouth.

I've been meditating on two verses. Romans 5:1 says that, "since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 8:32 says, "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Christ's death on the cross and His subsequent justifying of us ushered in a lifetime of peace and of God's favor though we don't deserve it. Through his death, he justified us, declaring us not guilty and making us his favored children. So, we can have peace, and we can expect blessings. "How will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" I can't see what the future holds, but I trust that he will graciously do good to Ian and to his family and friends.

Thanks for praying.

Steve

No comments: