Dec 10, 2006

Praying God's Character

When praying for Ian, let me encourage you to pray according to God's character. Let me give you an example. In Deuteronomy 34:6 it says,"The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin..." How verses like these should instill faith and fervency into our prayers! In this verse we see that God is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love. Let these truths guide your prayers for Ian. Here's how I might pray:

Lord, your word tells me that you are merciful. I praise you for how merciful and kind you are! Thank you for the mercy you have already poured out on Ian. Because you are merciful, I ask you to continue to pour out new mercy on Ian. Please heal and restore his broken body. Please restore him to his family. I believe that you will do this because you are an incredibly merciful God! I also thank you that you are abounding in steadfast love towards Ian. Out of your steadfast love, please do the miraculous. Please completely restore Ian, and please do it quickly! We trust in your steadfast love and trust that you love Ian even more than we do. May you be glorified in this situation!

Be encouraged to keep praying fervently. For his glory...

-Stephen A

No comments: