Nov 30, 2006

Amazed by His Love

Ian and I started dating a year ago today. When I look back at all God has done for us in a year, I am amazed. I’m amazed by all of the ways that He has used us in each other’s lives. I’m amazed by His love for us and compassion toward us. He has taught us so much in our young lives in a way that gives me excitement for the future. I am amazed by how He is using our lives now. I can’t wait to tell Ian what God has taught me and I’m looking forward even more to hearing how Ian has experienced God since the accident.

I have been so comforted lately thinking of the care that God has poured out especially on Ian’s life in the past two months, even in the seemingly small things. Holding his hand the other night, his skin was soft and healthy- I remember just weeks ago when it was dry and had pieces of glass in it. Every day he looks more like himself and it’s only by God’s kindness that he is still with us. What a unique experience to see God’s healing hand move through Ian’s body and to see His mighty hand direct hearts to Himself.

God is so good. Even if He were to stop healing Ian today, our hope in Christ would remain, and I would await the day to laugh with Ian in heaven! Times of trial on this earth are just a blink compared to the wonder that is waiting for us in heaven.

“I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.”Psalm 34:1

-Larissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larissa~
Your example of a woman who chooses to praise the Lord and "extol Him at all times" when in deep trial is to be honored. Thank you for your example. How much is glorifies the Lord and draws others to Him.

We are praying for you all.

God Bless you, Larissa.

In Christ,
Audrey Drago
Christ Community Church
Reading, PA

Anonymous said...

Larissa,
I have been and continue to be constantly encouraged by your faith in Jesus throughout the past two months, and even before all of this. I am so proud to call you my friend. Ian is a blessed guy. We love you two and cannot wait to share life with you...I'm imagining mini-vans in each of our futures! :)
Love ya,
Amber (and Matthieu?)

Ellen T said...

What a cool story!!
Thanks for sharing it. I do pray for many days ahead to continue to grow and learn from one another.