Jul 7, 2012

without works

"what good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? can that faith save him?"

james 2:14

as we have been studying James, we've been given a new and beautiful picture of one purpose of our marriage. as Ian now has a wife and a helper, he is able to complete works that he couldn't do before. because as I bring our life to him, through questions for direction, wisdom with finances, how to respond in relationships, Ian equips me to complete more and different works than I would on my own.

this change, this joy, this gift, is just one more example of God as the perfect author of marriage. it is a covenant that holds more eternal worth than I think we will ever come to know in this life.

happy weekend.
I&L

2 comments:

Megan Davis said...

Larissa-
I have recently stumbled upon your blog and have been hugely encouraged by your walk with the Lord and comittment to your husband. Thank you for your beautiful words and beautiful heart!

Jenni B said...

going on year 24 of being married and learning so much through your walk and journey with the Lord and Ian. I have been profoundly touched by your love for God, Ian and faithfulness to the tasks of the day. It has caused me to "order" my steps and cut out the excess to focus on what is essential. Beginning with Christ and loving Christ allows me to go to the deeper levels of relationship with my husband (even when we are in the difficult valleys) Yes, I do pray for Ian and for you Larissa....almost every nite as I lay my head on my pillow. May you both be strengthened by the power of the Holy Spirit that raised the lifeless dead body of our Lord and Savior up from the grave! He lives in you both and your lives have great impact and purpose to a very large community and a great cloud of witnesses. Your testimony of love is the true reflection of Christ and the incredible beauty of marriage as God designed it to be! God bless you both today and everyday!!!