Mar 22, 2011

One of the results of meeting with our new doctor is the possibility to have a complete knee replacement for Ian. If you don't remember or never knew, one of Ian's knees is fused together from the accident- he was going to have surgery on it a few days after the accident, but God caused the bones to fuse together on their own which meant no needed surgery.

Now, we are in the position and have the opportunity to consider a knee replacement, with the hopes that it gains enough movement for Ian to use it while re-learning how to walk. His original orthopedic surgeon is willing to do it for him but it is a very big decision for us, as there are risks of infection with such a huge surgery, not to mention the recovery period.

Please pray for wisdom as Ian and I face this decision and that we would have faith in God's character regardless of the path we choose or the outcome.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations

Deut 7:9


Anonymous said...

Praying for you both as you make difficult decisions together.
Wendy in MD

Anonymous said...

Will be praying

Leslie Dawn said...

So glad to see the trust you have in God, and you total dependence upon Him. ~Love & Prayers, Hebrews 10:22-24

Elisabeth in Jerusalem said...