May 19, 2008

I like to think that Ian is feeling better. Today for the first time we worked on Ian writing on a white board again. He did so much better than he ever had before. He was working on it for about half an hour. He actually didn't throw the marker down this time and he was able to move his hand to find the board and then write on it for awhile. He was just moving the marker around and making little scribbles, but he was moving his arm farther away from his body than he has in the past. And when I asked him if he wanted to keep doing it, he said yes- twice. He was so concentrated and intentional. It was really encouraging to see him focusing on something like that again.

We also did the communication board and he got the first answer right. It's been a long, long time since we've been able to do that.

Thank you for your prayers. This is a long and wearying road. I often wonder how we will ever make it another day in this trial. And that's not even from Ian's perspective. But, there will be grace.

Larissa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larissa,
What an encouraging post! As a young woman like yourself, I'm always interested in how you are coping, etc. I don't know that I would have the strength or faith to do what you are doing. Please keep updating on Ian, but also yourself. You have your whole life and future in front of you with Ian in it... and I hope that in the end, Ian will be standing at the end of the aisle as you walk down :) Keep up the faith.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day God reveals in all His fullness just how our trials brought inexplicable glory to Himself and how He has been redeeming this fallen world, bit by bit, into something staggeringly beautiful beyond our imaginations -- even (or especially?) when things seemed blisteringly unbearable to our souls.

Hang in there. Continuing to pray & fast for Ian.

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!! More and more progress gives us all hope!
Keep up the good work, Ian. And Larissa keep up updated. Prayers are continuing and will continue.
Love, Rene (Latrobe)

Esmeralda said...

'This is a long and wearying road. I often wonder how we will ever make it another day in this trial. And that's not even from Ian's perspective. But, there will be grace.'

Dear Larissa, thank you for that post. Good to see the progress.

It has been a long and wearying road for you, the Murphys and most of all Ian. Every day, every hour, every minute, the Lord Himself has been counting.

I know the feeling of not being able to imagine how one will cope through another day, and I think it makes sense we feel that. because when we do the imagining we only imagine the our power in that equation, we can't imagine the uncontainable and indescribable limits of God's power which He makes available to us when we need it, often not a moment before.

I think it's coming to a year since I've been following your story all the way here in England, and without you doing anything 'different', this little window you opened on the web into your life, has so encouraged my walk with God and has taught me of constancy in prayer.

I am continuing to pray for you all. I also continue to be believe that God's grace will not run out.

Sandy kimmel said...

Very exciting Larissa. Keep working hard, Ian. I am confident that HE will complete the good work HE has begun.
Still praying,
Love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

I am certainly praying both for you and Ian. Thanks for your honest words and recent photos. They motivate me to keep praying. Not only are you glorifying God by serving Ian, I know he must be thanking God for you.

The blessings such as Ian's progress with the communication board and his intentionality are good to think about. Also keep praying and thinking about Scripture to help you see the bigger picture, too. God is always faithful!