Aug 26, 2007
The week in review
A lot seems to have happened this week. Each therapist that has come in has seen improvement and is encouraged. Here's just a sampling:
- Taking an object from someone's hand now seems to be an old skill.
- He's learning to help us as we care for him by moving forward or backward or moving limbs, etc. He seems to work well with the therapists who ask him to cooperate.
- He takes small portions of food (e.g. pudding, Brenda's applesauce, baby food fruit, etc.) by a spoon.
- He visited an eye doctor who told us there is nothing wrong with his eyes at all. In fact, his prescription for glasses is about the same as it was before the accident, and there's no evidence of any problems. How many times did we ask for prayer for his troubled eyes?!?
- He blinks 'yes' with regularity now. He often nods his affirmation and shakes his head 'no'.
- He doesn't seem to be complaining about his throat being sore anymore. I'm not sure if that means it's gone or if it means he's not telling us.
Please continue to pray that he would talk to us....