Jun 6, 2007

Trying hard


As I've thought back to those last days and weeks in the Children's Institute, I've realized how far Ian has come. He's very alert. He cooperates most of the time with those who try to work with him. He tracks us now. He communicates afirmative answers through a long blink. He seems to know what's happening around him. He seems to want to work hard. He's swallowing. These all sound minor, but compared to those last days in the hospital he's come a long way. Bringing him home was definitely the best course of action. I don't know what's around the bend, but I trust God.

Psalm 46 says, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling." I wonder if a primitive Jew like the writer of this psalm could have imagined many other things more frightening than the mountains heaving up and sliding into the sea. Yet, the writer puts his confidence in the One who controls all things including the mountains and the sea. Though I don't know exactly what's around the bend, God is my refuge and strength.

Thank you for your continuing prayers. They have accomplished much.

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We regularly lift Ian up in prayer. The Plains (Crossway Church of Lanc.)

Briana Almengor said...

This is so very encouraging for me to meditate on this morning. Thanks for so faithfully posting encouragement and updates on Ian. I am reading and praying faithfully for all of you. Hope to make a visit to Indiana sometime this year, God willing!