Feb 2, 2007

Change


Ian is still working his left arm quite a lot. He had a good session of speech therapy today and his therapist was much more encouraged. The sores in his mouth looked much better and he was very awake for their session. His big success of the morning was when he pulled a wet washcloth off of his face. As soon as the therapist put it on his face, he reached his hand up and pulled it off. He did it at least twice. Very exciting because it's a deliberate movement for him.

The first entry I put on this blog was back in October, two weeks after the accident. It was the first time I had left the hospital and I was amazed at how beautiful the drive home was. I hadn't been out of the hospital in two weeks and didn't realize how much the leaves had changed. Everything was red and orange and just beautiful.

Tonight on my drive home, on the same road, I was amazed at how beautiful the snow was, resting on the tree branches and blanketing everyone's yards. I felt like I was driving in a snowglobe, as all that white stuff hopped around.

We've seen the change of two seasons now since Ian's accident. I'm praying that before we see the change of another one, Ian will be back here with us. The God that controls the changing of seasons is tenderly caring for Ian. Through Him, all things are possible.

"You have calmed greater waters, Higher mountains have come down" -Jars of Clay

-Laris

3 comments:

m&a said...

amen and amen, laris...

matt and i continue to stand with you in prayer that this very thing would happen...wouldn't it be a great birthday present for you! :)

love ya!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! thanks for the update. praying...

Anonymous said...

Song of Solomon 2:10-11
My beloved responded and said to me, Arise, my darling, my beautiful one. and come along.
For winter is past and the rain is over and gone.

This is my prayer for you and Ian.
By the first of spring, you will say Arise,my darling and come...
And he will!

Keep up in hope that is in Christ Jesus.