Jan 16, 2007

God of all Comfort

Ian had a busy day yesterday, Monday, between his therapies and some other things that were going on. When I got there around 3:00 he was still very awake and very much focused on me when I talked to him. I still believe in my heart that he's in there and that he can hear us when we talk to him. Please pray that he would not be frustrated that he can't communicate with us and that God would soon give him his voice back.

David, Beth and I spent time worshiping and praying in Ian's room and a few times he opened his eyes to look at us and just seemed very peaceful. I hope he was able to join in with our prayers.

While talking to Ian's nurse last night, I was reminded that Ian is not the only person in that hospital who needs healing. There are many examples in the rooms surrounding him of families walking through trials and affliction- many of them possibly not saved and without the hope that we have. Thinking of it all just points me back to the cross....

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Cor. 1:3-4

-Larissa

No comments: